Director - FP&A
Brave Health Director - Financial Planning & Analysis
Nearly 1 in 4 people in the U.S. get their healthcare coverage through Medicaid, but nearly two thirds of psychiatrists don’t accept Medicaid. This gap has only grown larger over time, creating a clear opportunity for a model that delivers critical mental health care at scale. Brave is on a mission to expand access to high-quality, affordable behavioral health care through a fully virtual community mental health center model, with a differentiated approach to serving Medicaid beneficiaries. Brave began as a fee-for-service provider to create a presence in the market and gather data, but now, having garnered industry-leading outcomes and deep, differentiated relationships with managed care organizations, we are in the midst of an accelerating transition to value-based care as a primary reimbursement methodology.
We’re looking to evolve our end to end employee experience, and bring onboard a partner to our business to navigate the complexities of our remote population. Ideally, this individual will become a trusted resource that will enable us to continue to scale with high compassion and kindness across all of our employees.
Financial Planning and Forecasting:
- Lead the development of strategic and operational financial plans for the business, including standardization and automation of reporting and analysis, planning simplification and data systems enhancements.
- Drive accountability through the annual budgeting and rolling forecast process, coordinating with department heads to set financial targets, measure progress, and proposing corrective actions when necessary.
- Implement scalable tools and processes for effective financial planning activities and analysis of performance to established goals.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Develop and maintain extensive key performance indicators (KPI) and financial models to support iterative decision making and proactive management of the business.
- Prepare accurate weekly and monthly KPI and financial reports along with variance analyses for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Conduct insightful analyses of business performance, financial results, and KPIs to highlight trends and advise leadership of potential risks and opportunities impacting business performance.
Strategic Partnership with Business Leaders:
- Collaborate effectively with business leaders and cross-functional teams to provide planned and ad hoc financial analysis with insights to support their decision making in both tactical and strategic areas.
- Ability to take complex business issues, analyze problems, propose solutions in a simple to understand way for business leaders.
- Advise executives on financial matters and provide data-driven recommendations to optimize operational efficiency and profitability.
- Develop a team of FP&A professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring to foster a high-performing and motivated FP&A team.
● High level of analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with the ability to organize information, analyze large data sets and present in a clear manner.
● Advanced MS Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, NetSuite SQL coding and FP&A software tool experience preferred.
● Experience implementing financial reporting systems with demonstrated ability to lead projects with and without the support of outside consultants.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex financial concepts in a simplified way in collaboration with leaders.
● Strategic mindset with a track record of providing valuable insights and driving financial improvements across a business.
● Strong multitasking skills with the ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with the capacity to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
● A natural curiosity and energetic, creative and collaborative approach.
● Ability and eagerness to adopt new tools and technologies to achieve efficiency as we scale.
● Minimum 6 years’ experience in FP&A with strong knowledge of finance management within a high growth environment.
● Background in virtual healthcare services or marketplace businesses with a strong understanding of modeling demand and supply dynamics is a plus