Bluestone Lane is an Australian-inspired coffee & hospitality brand committed to providing environments where our guests or “locals” feel special through genuine connections, premium award-winning coffee, and healthy food. At Bluestone Lane, it’s more than coffee, it’s connection! Locals come to Bluestone Lane for their daily escape & to feel more connected in their communities.
Seeking passionate, experienced Kitchen Supervisors for our Houston Heights cafe! This is a daytime concept, supporting a great work/life balance.
What you'll do:
- As a leadership role the Culinary Lead will rotate with other leaders as Health & Safety champion and have responsibility for opening and closing the cafe
- Conduct daily line checks
- Follow all DOH & Bluestone Lane Health & Safety and ServSafe standards - operate a clean and organized kitchen
- Achieve promise times for all tickets, we never want to make the local wait!
- Expo product from kitchen to pass, ensuring proper presentation of our premium broad product
- Understand and consistently comply with Bluestone Lane Recipes, focusing on standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen processes and procedures
- Every evening, make sure your team is set up for success by leaving the kitchen prepped, stocked, and clean for the next morning's service
- Contribute positively to the team environment, working cohesively with the team
Who you are:
- A food & beverage leader with at least 2 years of supervisory or management level experience in a full service kitchen/restaurant
- Acts with care, agility and integrity that promotes the values, culture & purpose of Bluestone Lane
- Follows all Health & Safety and ServSafe standards - operates a clean and organized kitchen
- Can expo product from kitchen to table ensuring proper presentation and premium broad product
- Upholds the commitment to prep, cook and serve standard Bluestone Lane recipes.
- Contributes positively to the team environment, working cohesively with the team.
- Understands and consistently complies with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen processes and procedures.
Our teammates benefit from:
- World class coffee training programs
- Amazing career development opportunities
- 401k plan with company match
- Healthcare & Paid Parental Leave*
- Paid Vacation & Holidays*
- Complimentary coffee & shift meals
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral program
- Daytime hours only, allowing for a great work-life balance
*For qualifying teammates
Working Environment: Working conditions are typically indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bluestone Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to celebrating diversity within our teams. We encourage inclusive environments for all, where we respect and empower individuals. Visit us at bluestonelane.com to learn more about working on our incredible team.
Bluestone Lane utilizes the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. Please visit e-verify.gov for more information.