Bluestone Lane is an Australian-inspired coffee & hospitality brand committed to providing environments where our guests or “locals” feel special through genuine connections, premium award-winning coffee, and healthy food. At Bluestone Lane, it’s more than coffee, it’s connection! Locals come to Bluestone Lane for their daily escape & to feel more connected in their communities.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant who will oversee a wide range of accounting tasks including recording and managing financial transactions, maintaining the general ledger, participating in the accounting close process, and with financial report preparations for locations and a corporate entity. This person should have experience with multi-unit restaurant or retail processes and be detail-oriented, proactive, and have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
**This is a remote position, but the candidate must be based in one of the East Coast states that we operate in: NY, NJ, PA, MA, or DC.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the execution of monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes including completing preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, escalation, resolution of issues, and meeting all set deadlines.
- Coordinate with AR, AP, and lead expense reporting and similar functions
- Complete cash and other treasury related reconciliations
- Participate in monthly base and percentage rent calculations and payments
- Familiarity with multi-location accounting processes
- Perform, maintain, and review a variety of balance sheet reconciliations
- Document and maintain complete and accurate financial information for recorded transactions.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and conduct regional related filings for permits and compliance.
Consolidate and analyze expense data for senior management.
- Assist in preparation of documentation for external auditors.
- Coordinate timelines, deadlines, data with Accounting Manager and management of other departments.
- Provide general accounting support for regional sites under the direction of the Director of Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 4 years experience in accounting for multiple units in the restaurant or retail industries
- CPA license a plus
- Restaurant365 software experience a plus
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft & Google Suites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Strong understanding of US tax regulations
- East Coast based (position is remote, but based out of New York)
Compensation & Benefits:
- $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year (DOE)
- Annual bonus potential
- Healthcare & Paid Parental Leave
- 401k w/ company match
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Monthly stipend for cell phone usage
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Weekly food & beverage credit on the Bluestone Lane app
Work Environment: Working conditions are typically indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bluestone Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to celebrating diversity within our teams. We encourage inclusive environments for all, where we respect and empower individuals. Visit us at bluestonelane.com to learn more about working on our incredible team.
Bluestone Lane utilizes the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. Please visit e-verify.gov for more information.