Bluestone Lane is an Australian-inspired coffee & hospitality brand committed to providing environments where our guests or “locals” feel special through genuine connections, premium award-winning coffee, and healthy food. At Bluestone Lane, it’s more than coffee, it’s connection! Locals come to Bluestone Lane for their daily escape & to feel more connected in their communities.
Seeking friendly, customer service-oriented Supervisors for our Post Oak cafe! This is a daytime concept, supporting a great work/life balance.
What you'll do:
- Provide genuine connection and hospitality to each and every guest that enters the cafe
- Assist the General Manager in building a cohesive, efficient, and stable team
- Provide guidance, structure, and support to the team
- Master the Bluestone Lane art of making coffee on La Marzocco espresso machinery
- Follow, enforce, and train team members on the Bluestone Lane Steps of Service
- Maintain full knowledge of all menu items and ingredients, including limited time offerings, to provide guidance to guests on menu recommendations and potential allergens
- Accurately take guests orders and upsell items to achieve higher ticket totals
- Assist with packaging takeout items and working with 3rd party delivery drivers to ensure app orders are accurate
- Promptly and calmly address any guest issues
- Have a keen awareness of the store's financial performance, & help drive the efficiency and hospitality in the cafe to maximize and meet sales targets & average customer spend
- Assist with opening and closing the cafe
- Follow all health & safety standards to operate a clean and organized work space
Who you are:
- A food & beverage leader with at least 1 year of supervisory or management experience in restaurants
- A hospitality first people person--you simply love to make others feel good, no questions about it!
- A positive contributor to the team environment, working cohesively with others to deliver exceptional experiences to our locals
- A multi-tasker who won't bat an eye even when caught under a bit of pressure
- A motivated & hungry individual who is looking for career development in the hospitality industry
- A fast learner can shift from one job to the next with ease
- A digital warrior, you'll be able to help locals navigate the BL order ahead app with your eyes closed
- A punctual & reliable teammate, always on time for shifts & never leave your teammates hanging
Our teammates benefit from:
- World class coffee training programs
- Amazing career development opportunities
- ~ $20.00-$21.00/hour (hourly rate + tips)
- 401k plan with company match
- Healthcare & Paid Parental Leave*
- Paid Vacation & Holidays*
- Complimentary coffee & shift meals
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral program
- Daytime hours only, allowing for a great work-life balance
*For qualifying teammates
Working Environment: Working conditions are typically indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bluestone Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to celebrating diversity within our teams. We encourage inclusive environments for all, where we respect and empower individuals. Visit us at bluestonelane.com to learn more about working on our incredible team.
Bluestone Lane utilizes the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. Please visit e-verify.gov for more information.