Daytime Cafe Manager
Bluestone Lane is an Australian-inspired coffee & hospitality brand committed to providing environments where our guests or “locals” feel special through genuine connections, premium award-winning coffee, and healthy food. At Bluestone Lane, it’s more than coffee, it’s connection! Locals come to Bluestone Lane for their daily escape & to feel more connected in their communities.
Seeking a business-savvy & hospitality-driven General Manager to oversee our NEW cafe coming soon to Paramus (Bergen Town Center)! The General Manager position is a hands-on role, often working side by side with teammates as needed. This is a daytime concept, supporting a great work/life balance.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the cafe's daily operations
- Set the tone in your location & bring energy in everything you do while inspiring your team to do the same
- Build genuine connections with guests and help establish regulars in the cafe
- Work side by side in position with your teammates
- Enforcing quality assurance and steps of service
- Responsible for the overall profitability of the store by managing your P&L; achieving sales, cost of goods, and labor targets.
- Always encourage development amongst your team by having conversations and reviews with teammates
- Lead by example and set the bar for Health & Safety and ServSafe compliance for your store
- Play an active role in the community through engagement and fulfilment of our value proposition in your neighborhood
Required skills & experience:
- 2+ years experience as a General Manager in a full-service restaurant
- A passion for hospitality & providing great service
- Proven achievement of key performance indicators in prior management positions
- Strong financial acumen skills and can run a P&L, budget, and forecast sales
- Ability to coach, mentor, & develop hourly team members
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player who enjoys working on a team to achieve great performance
- Ability to work in a high demand, fast paced environment
- Ability to stand for extended periods and lift up to 40lbs
- DOH Accreditation and/or ServSafe Certified
Our leaders benefit from:
- Career development opportunities with a growing company!
- Compensation in the $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 range (DOE)
- Quarterly bonus potential
- Healthcare & Paid Parental Leave
- 401k w/ company match
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Monthly stipend for cell phone usage
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Resource Groups
- Complimentary coffee & shift meals
Working Environment: Working conditions are typically indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bluestone Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to celebrating diversity within our teams. We encourage inclusive environments for all, where we respect and empower individuals. Visit us at bluestonelane.com to learn more about working on our incredible team.
Bluestone Lane utilizes the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. Please visit e-verify.gov for more information.