Bluestone Lane is an Australian-inspired coffee & hospitality brand committed to providing environments where our guests or “locals” feel special through genuine connections, premium award-winning coffee, and healthy food. At Bluestone Lane, it’s more than coffee, it’s connection! Locals come to Bluestone Lane for their daily escape & to feel more connected in their communities.
Seeking friendly, customer service-oriented Head Baristas for our Rittenhouse location! This is a daytime concept, supporting a great work/life balance.
What you'll do:
- Uphold the standard of quality of the Bluestone Lane coffee and beverage program within your home store
- Have a relentless focus on coffee beverage product and workflow systems of each Barista/Service Professional within the team while providing a positive influence to all in upholding BL standard of hospitality
- Trains, educates, acclimates, and upskills new baristas into store and BL systems
- Manages dialing in of coffees and calibration of grinders and brewing equipment through strong technical understanding of extraction and brew variables
- Familiar with coffee product rotation, ordering, and inventory management
- Follows Bluestone Lane recipes and presentation standards in a timely manner
- Help locals navigate contactless ordering through our digitally enabled platforms
- Hold strictly to current health & safety standards set in place by Bluestone Lane & your state's Department of Health
Who you are:
- Have a minimum of 2 years working as a Barista or Head Barista in Specialty coffee, or 4 years working in non-specialty coffee in a high volume fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical Barista knowledge and skills (extraction, texturing, pouring)
- Keen to train, mentor, and support teammates in their coffee education
- A hospitality first people person--you simply love to make others feel good, no questions about it!
- A positive contributor to the team environment, working cohesively with others to deliver exceptional experiences to our locals
- A multi-tasker who won't bat an eye even when caught under a bit of pressure
- A motivated & hungry individual who is looking for career development in the hospitality industry
- A fast learner can shift from one job to the next with ease
- A digital warrior, you'll be able to help locals navigate the BL order ahead app with your eyes closed
- A punctual & reliable teammate, always on time for shifts & never leave your teammates hanging
Our teammates benefit from:
- World class coffee training programs
- Amazing career development opportunities
- ~ $24.00 - $27.00/hour
- 401k plan with company match
- Healthcare & Paid Parental Leave*
- Paid Vacation & Holidays*
- Complimentary coffee & shift meals
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral program
- Daytime hours only, allowing for a great work-life balance
*For qualifying teammates
Working Environment: Working conditions are typically indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bluestone Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to celebrating diversity within our teams. We encourage inclusive environments for all, where we respect and empower individuals. Visit us at bluestonelane.com to learn more about working on our incredible team.
Bluestone Lane utilizes the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. Please visit e-verify.gov for more information.