Daytime Cafe Line Cook
Bluestone Lane is an Australian-inspired coffee & hospitality brand committed to providing environments where our guests or “locals” feel special through genuine connections, premium award-winning coffee, and healthy food. At Bluestone Lane, it’s more than coffee, it’s connection! Locals come to Bluestone Lane for their daily escape & to feel more connected in their communities.
Seeking experienced Line Cooks for our DC Library cafe! This is a daytime concept, supporting a great work/life balance.
What you'll do:
- Follow all DOH & Bluestone Lane Health & Safety and ServSafe standards - operate a clean and organized kitchen
- Achieve promise times for all tickets, we never want to make the local wait!
- Expo product from kitchen to pass, ensuring proper presentation of our premium broad product
- Understand and consistently comply with Bluestone Lane Recipes, focusing on standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and and kitchen processes and procedures
- Every evening, make sure your team is set up for success by leaving the kitchen prepped, stocked, and clean for the next morning's service
- Contribute positively to the team environment, working cohesively with the team
Who you are:
- A positive contributor to the team environment, working cohesively with others to deliver exceptional experiences to our locals
- A multi-tasker who won't bat an eye even when caught under a bit of pressure
- A motivated & career-focused individual; we promote from within to Culinary Leadership Positions!
- A fast learner can shift from one job to the next with ease
- A punctual & reliable teammate, always on time for shifts & never leave your teammates hanging
- Can effectively communicate with both the back and front of house teams to execute service
Our teammates benefit from:
- World class coffee training programs
- Amazing career development opportunities
- $19.00 /hour
- 401k plan with company match
- Healthcare & Paid Parental Leave*
- Paid Vacation & Holidays*
- Complimentary coffee & shift meals
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral program
- Daytime hours only, allowing for a great work-life balance
*For qualifying teammates
Working Environment: Working conditions are typically indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bluestone Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to celebrating diversity within our teams. We encourage inclusive environments for all, where we respect and empower individuals. Visit us at bluestonelane.com to learn more about working on our incredible team.
Bluestone Lane utilizes the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. Please visit e-verify.gov for more information.