Part-Time Office Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Blueland is revolutionizing conventional cleaning and personal care products to eliminate the need for single-use plastic packaging, while prioritizing the planet and people. We believe that we should be able to have a clean home without sacrificing a clean planet and that sustainable choices should be effective, convenient, and affordable. We also believe that businesses need to be reconstructed to consider all stakeholders, not just profit.
We are a science-driven company with a pipeline of proprietary products that started with our cleaning sprays and hand soap (we hold over 40 patents and patents pending worldwide). To date, we’ve already helped divert more than 1 billion single-use plastic bottles from landfills and waterways. We were the 2nd fastest growing direct-to-consumer in 2020, and have built an engaged, passionate community of close to 1M+ person community. We’re proud to be a Certified B Corp - recognized for meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. We’re also Climate Neutral Certified along with many other certifications that help hold us accountable on our commitments to optimize our products for environmental and human health.
Blueland was featured on the Season 11 premiere of Shark Tank, securing an investment by Kevin O’Leary. Blueland is well-funded by top tier venture capital firms as well as notable investors including Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Timberlake and founders of Sweetgreen, Thrive Market, Honest Company, Rent the Runway, and Bonobos. We’ve been featured across top tier outlets such as the New York Times, Fast Company, TechCrunch, VOGUE, Wall Street Journal, Inc., and more.
As Office Manager, you will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of Blueland’s New York office and the maintenance of a productive and efficient work environment. The Office Manager will work as a partner to the Executive and People teams to enhance the experience of employees, visitors, and external stakeholders. The successful candidate is passionate about our mission, a strategic thinker with a can-do attitude, a strong communicator, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our office is a shared space with Blueland and a CPG consulting firm. This role reports to the Sr. Director of People and Culture.
- Oversee daily office operations, such as managing office supplies, furniture, technical support, and coordinating with vendors and visitors
- Assist with organizing, preparing, and hosting meetings. Some meetings may include preparing meeting content, coordinating food and beverage, furniture rearranging and audio-visual needs
- Develop and implement office policies and procedures
- Manage office budget and expenses
- Work with various parties, such as our building management, to ensure the facility remains in excellent operating condition
- Assist with in-person new hire onboarding. Coordinate with the hiring manager and the People team to ensure all items required are ready for new hires
- Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations
- Passionate about the environment, sustainability and Blueland’s mission
- 3+ years of experience in an office management role
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A desire and humility to always improve, learn and grow
- Experience with Slack, Google Suite, and Notion is preferred
- Experience with office space planning and design is a plus
This is an in-office, part-time W-2 position. As a part-time employee, the Office Manager will work 15-20 hours per week. The work schedule will vary based on the needs of the business, but the work days are Monday - Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:30pm. Additional hours may be needed based on business needs. This is a non-exempt, hourly position. The pay rate is $38.00 - $48.00 per hour.
We prioritize our planet and our people. In addition to salary compensation, we offer various other benefits to ensure our team members can be their best self, both in and outside of work. Benefits for full time roles include: health benefits, stock options, generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid civic engagement days, paid parental leave, 401k (employee contribution), professional development stipends, remote work reimbursements, various discounts to like-minded companies and more.
At Blueland we believe in order to build a better future and planet, we must advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion. We are proud to have assembled a diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification.