Patient Conversion Lead (Therapist)
Who We Are
Amae Health is creating the standard of care for people with severe mental illness. We’re on a mission to deliver radically different care for the 14 million Americans suffering with a severe mental illness (SMI). Amae Health is a verticalized specialty care provider for patients with SMI, treating their psychiatric and physical conditions through in-person care delivery with wrap-around services. Our approach recognizes the unique needs of our patients, and provides personalized treatment across the physical, mental and social service resources required to holistically improve patients’ lives. We believe that only by treating the whole person can you obtain lasting health outcomes.
Amae Health is seeking a Patient Conversion Lead. This is a remote role.
About the Job
Amae Health is on the lookout for a passionate and dedicated Patient Conversion Lead who has the drive to expand patient conversion and engagement at our outpatient clinic. In this role, you will have the opportunity to change lives by helping individuals living with SMI, their family members, and referring medical practices to understand the compelling benefits of Amae’s holistic approach to care and by facilitating the conversion and intake of qualified patients to receive Amae services. As the initial liaison between potential patients, their families, and our services, you will bring high levels of professional excellence, compassion, and solution focused responsiveness throughout the conversion and intake process to set the tone for how patients can expect to be treated while under our care. This is a dynamic role that will involve significant time spent engaging with key stakeholders, and implementing creative strategies to increase our patient base. Our ideal candidate is an energetic people person who provides excellent customer service, is sales-oriented, highly motivated and a problem solver with strong organizational skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must in our highly collaborative, fast paced organization.
- Spearhead the conversion of patient referrals by effectively communicating the unique benefits of our services and clinic, passionately advocating for Amae Health's comprehensive and personalized approach to patient care to prospective patients, families, and healthcare professionals.
- Help prospective patients to understand financial considerations of care and work with them to navigate insurance, self-pay and other payment concerns to remove barriers to receiving Amae care
- Showcase our holistic and comprehensive approach to care, and coordinate clinic tours for prospective patients and caregivers, showcasing our state-of-the-art facilities and highlighting our commitment to patient care.
- Drive patient recruitment and growth for Amae Health's LA clinic, using innovative and effective strategies to increase the clinic's patient base.
- Continuously identify and pursue new conversion opportunities, utilizing a data-driven approach and leveraging market research to inform decision-making.
- Collaborate with the Strategy & Operations team to monitor progress, share insights, and ensure alignment with the company's broader objectives.
- Collaborate with Strategy & Operations to develop strategies, best practices and tools to facilitate effective conversion of prospective patients
- Build and lead a patient conversion team as volumes grow and the company expands into new markets
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in: therapy, admissions, sales, patient coordination, business development, or account management, within the healthcare industry.
- Proven track record of driving patient conversion and exceeding performance targets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- High level of creativity, resourcefulness, and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM tools.
What We Provide
- A best in class work environment with some of the leading mental health professionals in the field! Our program is led by UCLA professors & VA clinicians who have designed this program with the mission of helping individuals with these complex SMI conditions unlock lasting recovery.
- A unique holistic care model that encourages collaboration amongst staff and successfully provides care for SMI patients.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
$80,000 - $90,000 a year
The pay range for this position in the US is $75,000- $90,000/yr. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role can be located anywhere in the US.
More About Amae
'Amae', pronounced ‘Ah-mai’, is a Japanese concept meaning the need to be in good favor with, and the ability to depend on, the people around oneself. It reflects our core belief that a strong support system is essential to build people up, strengthen their will to carry on and even to thrive in life. This mentality applies across our whole company – from the patients we serve to the team we’re building.
We’re a venture capital backed Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) that provides outpatient psychiatric and primary care health services through value-based care arrangements. Our model’s success is predicated upon achieving outcomes for our patients, not on the volume of services provided.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status.