Head of Operations
Amae Health is building the new standard of care for individuals with severe mental illness.
We are seeking a visionary leader who will work with our founding and leadership team to deliver best in class care, disrupt and reform a flawed system that presently fails to meet the needs of the 14 million Americans afflicted by severe mental illness (SMI) effectively. The Head of Operations will lead our expansion into new geographies and will spearhead the delivery of best-in-class care and patient experiences.
Our organization functions as a vertically integrated specialty care provider dedicated to patients with SMI, addressing both their psychiatric and physical conditions through in-person care delivery supplemented by wrap-around services. Our methodology is tailored to the distinctive requirements of our patients, delivering individualized care that encompasses physical, mental, and social services, essential for holistically enhancing our patients' quality of life. We are of the firm belief that enduring health outcomes can only be achieved by treating the individual as a whole.
Amae currently treats patients in our Los Angeles clinic, and will open clinics across multiple states in 2024 based on signed value based care agreements with multiple health plans and health systems.
Amae Health, a venture capital backed public benefit corporation (PBC). ‘Amae’, pronounced ‘Ah-mai’, is a Japanese concept meaning the need to be in good favor with, and the ability to depend on, the people around oneself. It reflects our core belief that a strong support system is essential to build people up, strengthen their will to carry on and even to thrive in life.
As one of the key leaders of Amae Health, the Head of Operations will spearhead the delivery of best-in-class care and patient experiences by establishing and overseeing high-performing, effective operations across the organization. This role entails managing and nurturing the Clinical Operations team both centrally and in the regions, with responsibilities that include overseeing clinician licensing and credentialing, recruitment, onboarding, staffing, operational metrics, service level agreements (SLAs), and the maintenance of Joint Commission accreditation. Additionally, this leader will direct the design of clinical and care workflows, as well as oversee clinical outcomes and reporting.
The Head of Operations will collaborate closely with our leadership and clinical teams, as well as engineering and product development, on internal and external workstreams. This position is well-suited for a leader who seeks to be involved from the beginning, establishing a fast-paced and mission-driven healthcare organization.
The role offers a competitive salary and equity package.
As the Head of Operations at Amae Health, here is where you’ll make an impact:
- Partner with other company leaders to set the strategy for Amae’s comprehensive care team and clinical model
- Lead from A-Z the process of launching several new clinics across the US between 2024 and 2025, to execute on VBC partnerships with health plans and health systems that Amae has established
- Create operational best practices to be implemented at our clinics across all regions
- Build out, hire and manage the Operations team across multiple locations and functions (including Capacity management and utilization targets; Clinical staffing and schedules; Clinical SLAs - around operational, quality, outcomes, and CSAT targets; Regulatory compliance; Creating and implementing training programs; Billing and interacting with RCM partners for Utilization Review support; Admissions)
- Lead, mentor, and manage a multidisciplinary team, ensuring ongoing professional development and adherence to best practices. Foster a culture of collaboration, learning, and excellence within the clinical team
- Develop and manage the clinical operations budget, ensuring optimal resource allocation
- Partner closely with the CMO & Clinical team to develop and implement strategies and processes that deliver superior outcomes, including creating clinical workflows and supporting the development of our technology stack
- Partner with the Tech team to develop our suite of tools, to make our clinics the most effective and efficient in the SMI space
- 10+ years of work experience in clinical operations within healthcare, including building out new clinical locations from 0 to 1.
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- 4+ years of managerial experience.
- Exceptional communication skills with a passion for connecting and building teams.
- Desire to excel in a high-growth company and proven experience working with innovative and consumer-focused products.
What We Provide
- The opportunity to be part of a game-changing, industry-shaping reality, and join it exactly at the right time to shape it and reap the benefits of its growth
- The resources and support to make a real, measurable difference in our patients' lives
- A best in class work environment with some of the leading mental health professionals in the field! Our program is led by UCLA professors & VA clinicians who have designed this program with the mission of helping individuals with these complex SMI conditions unlock lasting recovery.
- A unique holistic care model that encourages collaboration amongst staff and successfully provides care for SMI patients.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Cash compensation is competitive and flexible, commensurate with experience
- Equity package included